The late Gothic three-nave hall church from the 15th century conveniently located in the historical town centre is the largest church in Lower Lusatia. It is a place of devotion and communication but also of culture and public gatherings.
On the inside are stellar vaults and a lectern as well as the high altar (1664) with magnificent Alabaster carvings. In the nave and in the chapel attachments are several important grave monuments from the 16th and 17th century. The view on the green city of Cottbus from the 55 m high church tower is be worthwhile.
Apart from the services on Sundays and religious holidays, events for religious and social groups also take place here.
Music performances, oratorios and organ concerts, choir and chamber concerts and even theatre performances are among the city's cultural highlights.
There are even exhibitions, usually dedicated to the ecumenical programme for "justice, peace and retaining of the creation" with accompanying events.
|church:||daily 10 am - 5 pm, closed for religious worship|
|tower ascents:||daily 9 am - 5 pm|