This church was built in 1911 for the new part of Cottbus which extended into the southern part of the city. This sacral construction uses elements of the art nouveau style and was designed by the Berlin government building officer Leibnitz. In February 1945, the Lutherkirche was almost totally destroyed. Already intended to be completely demolished it was possible to reinaugurate it in 1951 thanks to generous contributions from the community. It took until 1978 to repair the damage from the war but unfortunately numerous art nouveau elements were lost for ever. The inside is designed very simple. The pulpit and the altar were built with bricks. The Luther memorial was placed close to the church in 1983. It was made by the sculptor Goetschmann in 1910/1911.