Brandenburg's only pharmacy museum, the 400 year old 'Löwen-Apotheke' (Lion-chemist), is located at the old market.
Complete pharmacy equipment from around 1830 and the 1st half of the 20th century are on display here. The three completely furnished 'Offizinen' (pharmacies), always the most representative rooms of the pharmacy, are particularly valuable. The functional rooms include the herb chamber, the poison chamber and the Galeni laboratory, which are well worth seeing alongside the large pharmaceutical collection.
Richly decorated containers, devices from green forest glass, ceramic goods, porcelain, documents and books all serve to enrich the wealth of exhibitions and collections.
D - 03046 Cottbus